How is the GMRS traffic in your area?

This is for talk that doesn't fit in any of the other sections. Off-topic is OK, to a point. Reminder: NO POLITICS!
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I know where I'm at there isn't a lot to speak of. Been trying to catch what sounds like a repeater ident but haven't really been trying very hard. All I hear most days is crickets apart from that.

What's it like in your area? Much traffic at all or?
:ugeek: GMRS Forum Admin | Chris | WROV940 | K5HRA
kwidner
N00b

Re: How is the GMRS traffic in your area?

Post by kwidner »

I’m just south of Tucson. So the traffic is actually pretty good. I usually listen to the nets on the Mt. Lemmon repeater during my rive to work in the evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kwidner
N00b

Post by kwidner »

Quite a bit of regular traffic during my commute in the evening.
mbrun
N00b

Post by mbrun »

Admin wrote:I know where I'm at there isn't a lot to speak of. Been trying to catch what sounds like a repeater ident but haven't really been trying very hard. All I hear most days is crickets apart from that.

What's it like in your area? Much traffic at all or?
Typically folks are on the radio during the morning and evening commutes. A modest amount of chatter in the evenings. Not much traffic during the business day, except maybe at lunch. A fair amount of traffic on Saturdays and Sundays. There is also a local radio training net that happens weekly on Sunday evenings that seems to bring in 12-24 check-ins. Folks that can hear the repeater but cannot open it up can check in on one of two alternate repeaters, one is GMRS, the other is amateur 2m. A couple of folks monitor two frequencies so questions can be received and relayed to the official net frequency.

mbrun
N00b

Post by mbrun »

Test Post
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

mbrun wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:35 pmTest Post
*thumbsup.gif*
:ugeek: GMRS Forum Admin | Chris | WROV940 | K5HRA
Squire
N00b

Post by Squire »

:roll: Northern Maine Full Quiet here
kwidner wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:45 pm I’m just south of Tucson. So the traffic is actually pretty good. I usually listen to the nets on the Mt. Lemmon repeater during my rive to work in the evening.

wrpg591
N00b

Post by wrpg591 »

We had a new repeater go up about a month ago. Traffic is slowly picking up. I think when word gets out how well this repeater does traffic will continue to increase.
I'm still waiting patiently for the wisdom that comes with old age...
jnr0104
N00b

Post by jnr0104 »

Located down in the Coastal Bend region of Texas.Between Corpus Christi, and Victoria, Aransas, Refugio, San Patricio County area.
Have used GMRS for Years on Simplex. With the rule changes in 2017, have seen increase in use in the area, 5 repeaters on air, and several of us are on everyday. Also use gmrs on our family ranches for family members and licensed friends. Interest in Corpus Christi area seems to be starting to pick up a bit also.
OSCAR-03
N00b

Post by OSCAR-03 »

New to this board and my first post.

In the Sierra Foothills and the High Country, we have four different geographical groups that have weekly nets. Check-in's range from only a few to over thirty at times. one group has over 100 members. Many families use them for regular comms on larger and somewhat remote properties to keep in touch with families. Our GMRS community is also being integrated into the OES Emergency comms via the Ham Club.